Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Quality Over Quantity

Interior design has always been a major aspect of my life. I remember as a kid, sitting with my mom watching Christopher Lowell and his tchotchkes. We’d paint accent walls, create galleries, paint and repaint furniture; whatever we could to create a styled space on a low budget. As I got older we’d watch Room By Room, The Carol Duvall Show, Changing Rooms and then later, Trading Spaces. These days I can’t walk into a room without redecorating it in my head. It’s both a blessing and a curse!
I’ve developed my style continuously for a very long time. I’ve had moments where I wanted nothing but coastal influences in my space; this led to jars of seashells, turquoise walls and a lot of white furniture. I was obsessed with Shabby Chic [which was handy because of the white furniture] and filled my home with lace, ruffles and beautiful glass. I’ve been into French country, modern and everywhere in between.  But lately I’ve settled into a modern, eclectic, retro vibe. I’m hooked on pastels and think that a minimalistic approach is the best approach!


My favorite design tip: Surround yourself with things you love and do not let meaningless items cloud your vision. Quality [emotionally] not quantity! #QualityOverQuantity

No comments:

Post a Comment